Barbara S. Revels
Coquina Real Estate & Construction, Inc.
Barbara Revels is a general contractor and realtor who serves as the president and owner of Coquina Real Estate & Construction, Inc., a full service real estate company and general contracting firm. Coquina builds multi-level beachside and oceanfront homes and new commercial construction projects. The company has also handled renovations, historic preservation and insurance restoration work. The real estate side of Coquina handles all aspects of real estate sales in Flagler County.
A native Floridian and longtime resident of Flagler Beach, Barbara has owned and operated Coquina for over 25 years. Barbara has been active as a member of the Flagler County Advisory Boards and served twice as President of the Flagler Palm Coast HBA. She also is past President of the Association of Realtors, and Flagler County Chamber of Commerce. Barbara served on the Governor’s Fiscal Impact Analysis Group and the Affordable Housing Study Commissions. She served as 2001 President of the Florida HBA and was appointed in 2003 to Area V National Association of Home Builders Executive Committee representing Florida and Puerto Rico. She has extensive background in land use, planning, affordable housing, growth management, and construction, earned through her many years of experience with real estate and construction.
Barbara grew up in Flagler County and is the daughter of a historically prominent Flagler County family. Her grandfather is the late George Wickline, who was a Flagler County Commissioner and later Mayor of Flagler Beach. The Wickline Center in Flagler Beach is named after her family. Her mother Catherine Wilson is an author of “A New Beginning,” a historical book about Flagler Beach and the main driving force behind the Flagler Beach Museum. Barbara’s interest has always focused on efficient government that serves the people it represents. She has volunteered countless hours of her time to ensure that her community is responsive to the needs of the residents and at the same time operates as efficiently as possible.
Construction Industry Accomplishments:
- Director and Committee Member, Flagler County Homebuilders Association
- Director and Committee Member, The Florida Home Builders Association
- Director and Committee Member, National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Awarded the prestigious “Builder of the Year” award by the Florida Home Builders Assn. in 2005
- NAHB financial planning criteria development work group, 2003
- Area V Vice President for the National Association of Home Builders, 2002-04
- President, Flagler County Home Builders Association, 1991 & 1996 (served twice)
- President, Florida Home Builders Association, 2001-02 (first female president)
Civic Appointments, Boards and Committees: (partial list)
- Vice Chair, Flagler County Commissioner, District 3, Elected November 2008
- Board Member, Florida Hospital Flagler Board of Directors
- President, George Washington Carver Foundation, a fundraising arm for a Community Center located in an economically challenged neighborhood.
- Flagler County Representative, Advanced Technology College
- Past Chair, Flagler County Affordable Housing Task Force (since its inception in 1992)
- Past Chair, Flagler County Planning Board
- Served on Flagler County Recreation Advisory Board and Long Range Planning.
- Served on the Flagler County School Auditorium advisory board.
- Served on the Flagler County School Student Advisory Council
- Served on the Flagler County Apprentice advisory board.
- Served as the Flagler County representative on the Board of Enterprise Flagler executive Board. (a public private Economic Development entity)
Appointed by Governor Bush to State of Florida commissions:
- Governor’s Affordable Housing Study Commission
- Growth Management Fiscal Impact Advisory Work Group
- Residential Construction Mitigation Advisory Group
Additional Offices Held:
- President, Flagler County Chamber of Commerce, 1996
- Founding member, President and Realtor of the year 1981, Flagler County Association of Realtors